1 year position (starting August 2022) available in Birmingham, AL.Job Description:
Summary of Position Duties:
- Support Center Operator/Coordinator (Energy Management Systems)
Education& Experience Requirements:
- This position is part of a contracted 24x7x365 staff that provides frontline computer systems and application diagnostics and support, along with being the primary communications channel between the customer, support personnel and management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Formal education in Computer Science or related IT field or equivalent experience is required.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both an oral and written manner. The successful candidate will be expected to work with other professionals such as coordinators, operating company transmission control center personnel and management in a team-oriented and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to apply excellent customer service skills
- Ability to meet Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Sarbanes-Oxley and other federal regulatory compliance requirements.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks based on criticality and operational impact to the Bulk Power system.
- Ability to follow and properly apply both Change Management processes and knowledge-based procedures
- Working knowledge of Windows based operating systems preferred
- Working knowledge of AIX or other UNIX based operating systems preferred
- Working knowledge of distributed computer networks is a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key customers
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as a part of rotating shift
- Critical thinking/Problem solving abilities
- Day to day monitoring of the primary SCADA and ancillary systems for health and availability
- Front line problem resolution and coordination of repairs with EMS Department Personnel and/or other company personnel
- Notification to key customers for the coordination of system outages and events that may impact other critical systems.
- Provide input to the Team Lead and Supervisor on continual process improvement and customer feedback
- Thoroughly track and document cases to completion with the help of EMS Department personnel
- Adhere to all Electronic and Physical access policies
- Day to day monitoring and support of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery systems
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Standard of Conduct must be understood and signed.
- The successful candidate must adhere to Separation Protocol
- The successful candidate must pass all requirements required by the Company Insider Threat Program.
- Enhanced screening (including background, drug screen, and psychological assessment) is required if you are selected.
- This position may be sequestered local to the control center as part of essential personnel requirements during severe inclement weather situations.
- This position requires shift work. Operating shifts are 8 or 12 hours long and rotate between night and day shifts.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Allison@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Allison@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.