Immediate position available in St. Louis, MO.Job Description:
This position is for a Substation Engineer who will work in the Substation Electrical Engineering Department on a new multi-year project.
This individual’s primary responsibility will be to perform electrical design on various high-voltage (32.4-500kV) substation projects, including substation physical design, various calculations and design project management for the electrical utilities industry projects.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skill:
- Work independently to perform substation design tasks, assist CADD design team, develop design drawings and documents, modeling and/or analysis, prepare material lists, perform field reviews, and other tasks for simple projects
- Create, modify, prepare engineering drawings, including one-lines, Conduit Schedules, Material Lists (BOM), General Arrangements, Grounding, Foundation.
- Prepare substation ground grid, rigid and strain bus, and raceway designs.
- Ability to work on greenfield and brown field substations.
- Create/modify technical specifications for major substation equipment, such as: power transformers, power circuit breakers, control house, etc..
- Manage projects assigned from budget standpoint and deadlines.
- Prepare/create engineering and construction estimate documents for the installation of new, or modifications to existing substations, including: bill of materials, yard layouts, plans and section views, and electrical details.
- Perform calculations, reports, and designs for electrical substations (Low, Medium and High Voltage) as needed for the project.
- Independent review of projects including complete QA/QC of projects done by other junior engineers.
- Run the project throughout the complete life cycle of the project.
- Have knowledge and experience in Transmission and Distribution voltage levels.
- Understand client standards and complete small projects with minimal supervision from project lead.
- Provide engineering, construction, testing and commissioning support for projects.
- Apply field mark-ups of project as built-up drawings and perform basic calculations, all with minimal supervision.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Complete other duties as assigned, including a willingness to temporarily fill-in for other roles/duties as required.
- Associates or technical school degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in Power utility projects.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards, such as: NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and ANSI strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Allison@goegroup.com.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Allison@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.