Immediate 1 year position available in Birmingham, AL (remote).Job Description:
- The Leased Worker Info Systems Analyst position will support both Distribution and Transmission requests by being a shared resource across these groups.
- This person will be utilized in a variety of ways including programming, mobile solutions, web application development, GIS analysis, and data visualization.
- They will serve in a support capacity to our existing employees on these teams and will fulfill duties associated with a variety of ongoing projects in PD Technology.
- The successful candidate needs to possess advanced skills including competency with Esri GIS software products, demonstrated successful GIS cartographic abilities, proven experience writing scripts and/or utilizing a programming language for data processing and visualization, spatial analysis, and other process automation.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in MIS/Computer Science, Geography/GIS with practical programming knowledge, or a related field preferred
- In the absence of a degree, a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience working in a related role performing analysis, web development and/or application development is a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Demonstrated proficiency with ESRI GIS products is a plus.
- Competency with standard computer software, to include Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Compatible working in a team environment is a necessity.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines at times is desired.
- Willingness to support storm response activities by generating cartographic products as needed.
- Flexible to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, in an office environment in Birmingham, Alabama. Flexible to work remotely (from home) as well. Remote work requires stable broadband internet connection of 20mb/s or capable of supporting remote desktop connections over VPN.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Marion@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Marion@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.