3-6 month position (starting August 2022) available in Waynesboro, GA.Work Environment:
- Construction site – gravel walk areas, turnstiles, PPE required.
- Position will require being in the field 80% of the time.
- Highly motivated individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university or 2 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Experience in construction and technical inspection of electrical/design in areas such as installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment, grounding, DCS systems and cable pulling activities. Mechanical and other engineering discipline experience can also be desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Access, & Maximo)
- Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
- Working knowledge with ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
- Basic to intermediate experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects
- Must possess legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Identify and close gaps in remaining work packages by performing field walkdowns, including completion of inspections, solving constructability issues in the field, and closure of constraints and CAP items, therefore increasing the throughput of work packages to the closure group and increasing work package closure rates to meet ITAAC ICN submittals and the 103(g) milestone.
- ITAAC – Inspection, Tests, Analysis, and Acceptance Criteria
- ICN – Initial Closure Notification
- CAP- Corrective Action Program
Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Increase work package throughput by driving packages through the closure process steps by performing field walkdowns.
- Each team member is expected to drive to closure 3 work packages per day on average
- Keep your assigned work packages constantly moving through the process
- Perform Asset inspection walkdowns and sign off Inspection Records (IR) denoting work completed satisfactorily.
- Use Human Performance Tools
- Work with Bechtel Field Engineers (FE) that own work packages to assist in addressing open issues, closing gaps, and driving the work package to the next step in the process.
- Resolve work packages issues (I.e., constraints, open engineering items, etc.) with proper organizations to keep work packages moving through the process
- Generate Engineering Service Requests (ESRs), if applicable, directly from the work package
- Own and champion to closure any ESRs generated from work packages you own
- Identifying/confirming “to go” scope
- Function as POC and interface between FE/TC and Design.
- Provide Engineering knowledge and understanding to answer or help research questions.
- Generate CRs where appropriate to capture conditions adverse to quality
- Adhere to all safety rules and PPE requirements.
- Promptly communicate any immediate hazards encountered.
- Adhere to all COVID rules and precautions
- Maintain a questioning attitude
- Maintain detailed and complete records/documentation
- Provide daily feedback to update metrics that track progress, performance, and proficiency
- Prolonged time in field (exposed to outdoor elements – heat, rain, etc.)
- Gravel and dirt walking areas
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Allison@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Allison@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.