Immediate 1 year position available in Birmingham, AL.
(After pandemic re-entry, downtown Birmingham (corporate HQ) is the work location. From now until re-entry, remote work will be required.)Job Overview:
- An Electrical Engineer performing protective relay calculations and coordination studies for high-voltage transmission and distribution systems.
- This engineer will also perform Protection & Control (P&C) engineering design and technical services for the specification and application of protective relaying, control and automation systems.
- The position will provide transmission and distribution P&C technical expertise and support for design, construction, planning, marketing workgroups as well as external customers.
- BS, Electrical Engineering degree
- Power systems theory experience with a utility company.
- For less experienced engineers, Electrical Engineering courses that will be helpful in this position include: Power System Analysis, Protective Relaying, Control Systems, Electric Machine Theory, and Symmetrical Components
- Strong computer, time management & excellent communication skills.
Other Job Details:
- Experience setting transmission and distribution protective relays is highly preferred.
- Experience in transmission &/or distribution substation operations, power delivery, test engineering, and/or substation control design engineering is highly preferred.
- Technical troubleshooting and consulting experience in Protection & Control.
- Proficiency in protection relaying applications, especially microprocessor relay operations.
- Understanding of substation protection & operation control schemes preferred.
- Experience in CAPE software, but ASPEN experience is acceptable.
- Design protective relay & control schemes and develop protective relay settings so as to protect and monitor the performance of electric power system facilities (transmission lines, distribution lines, and substation equipment).
- Apply NERC PRC and other standard requirements while performing relay settings work and other tasks.
- Conduct protection coordination and other studies and analysis as required by PRC standards; document results.
- Majority of the work is in an office environment with some travel for site visits, meetings, and conferences upon supervisor’s approval.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Marion@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Marion@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.