Immediate 12+ month position (starting August 2022) available in Georgia.Job Summary:
Education Level & Experience Requirements:
- This position is responsible for inspecting and monitoring the work of contractors on various construction sites across the state of Georgia performing civil grading, foundation installation, silvicultural / initial clearing activities, geotechnical drilling & testing, counterpoise, and environmental compliance on Power Delivery Construction Projects.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of construction project standards including excavation best practices, various foundation types, concrete & asphalt work, soil & concrete testing, ACI & ASTM standards, counterpoise specifications, construction surveying, USACE Standards, & NPDES GAR 100002 permitting.
- Applicant shall be fluent with reading, interpreting, and – implementing civil design drawings, especially in the areas of topographical cut/fill, erosion control, and construction layout.
- Candidate must ensure that work is completed safely and that it stays in compliance with industry specifications and environmental regulations.
- Applicant must be able to appropriately articulate these activities to property owners, engineers, project managers, and other company staff and represent the company in a professional manner.
- This position is based in Forest Park, GA, but will involve considerable statewide travel & routine overnight stays throughout the state of Georgia.
- High School Diploma / GED with 10 years’ experience in related field preferred or
- 2 year or higher degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or Forestry with 5 years’ experience in related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Take responsibility for safety and be a mentor on safety rules and work practices
- Attend contractor and/or company Job Safety Briefing’s for daily hazard analysis
- Address and report any safety incidents immediately to supervision
- Monitor activities of multiple contract personnel on capital projects to ensure quality of work
- Call in and hold Hot Line Tags and Clearance Requests
- Verify materials for projects installed by contract personnel are correct and accounted for
- Keep and complete a daily log
- Audit and approve timesheets, pay applications, and invoices in a timely manner
- Complete Quality Value Analysis (QVA) on every project either monthly, at milestones or at the end of the project
- Verify that all locates have been called in per proper Georgia 811 procedure
- Verify that all work complies with civil design drawings and/or specifications
- Report status of projects back to coordinator
- Ensure documentation of time for personnel and equipment is correct when submitted for payment
- Distinguish differences between Company safety rules and contractor safety rules
- Assist with verifying quantities, scheduling and material deliveries
- Must be available to work assigned storm duty, which could include evenings, weekends, holidays and overnight travel
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Proficient knowledge of Civil Construction methods and industry standards.
- Contract management experience
- Excavation Safety Best Practices (Competent Person)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to plan and monitor multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of contract administration as it relates to monitoring civil contractor construction activities.
- Working knowledge of civil construction methods and standards as it relates to grading and excavation, structural concrete, & surveying.
- Must be certified in NPDES / GASWCC (blue card) and have necessary skills to keep jobs in compliance.
- Must exhibit behavior consistent with Our Values – Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment.
- Positive attitude and strong customer focus
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter and work well under general supervision.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and establish trust with internal and external customers, teammates and contractors
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.