Immediate 6 month – 1 year position available in Quinton, AL.Job Description:
- This position performs technical and analytical services essential to the operation of a fossil fuel power plant, including water treatment and chemical analysis of water and wastewater, fuels, coal ash, and petroleum products.
- Provides chemical protection of the steam generating equipment to minimize outages due to corrosion and deposits in steam cycle components.
- Minimizes the loss of efficiency and possible replacement of steam generating, condensing and turbine mechanical components.
- Ensures compliance with governmental environmental regulation regarding water discharges.
Job Experience and Education Requirements:
- Operate and maintain water treatment plant for production of demineralized water, service water and potable water.
- Establish the O&M and capital budgets for plant equipment based on assessment of the impact of water chemistry on operations and in support of plant goals and the business plan.
- Initiate, plan, and manage all chemistry projects, and provide leadership and technical assistance on chemistry-related issues.
- Assist in maintaining sewage water treatment facility onsite.
- Operate and maintain condensate polishing demineralization equipment.
- Conduct sampling of water, oil, fuel, coal ash, and metal deposits.
- Perform analytical testing of boiler water and monitoring of water plant effluents.
- Perform minor maintenance activities to include; lubrication/greasing of mechanical equipment.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Maintain bulk chemical and laboratory supplies inventory.
- Perform Hazmat team member duties (including respirator qualification) to unload hazardous liquid and gaseous chemicals.
- Operate company vehicle to perform miscellaneous job duties.
- Conduct scrubber absorber solution analysis and flue gas desulfurization.
- Provide a professional level of leadership managing all aspects of the plant’s chemistry program with minimal direction and emphasis on performance management and business results.
- Initiate, plan and manage all plant chemistry projects, and function as lead technical resource for engineering projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS degree in Chemistry or other field of science with a MINIMUM of 12 semester hours in Chemistry required.
- Prior experience and knowledge of boiler/water analysis.
- Previous work experience in a water treatment plant.
- Experience and competency in the use, calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation/equipment; knowledge of proper analytical methods and techniques.
- Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with mechanical parts and repair.
- Knowledge and experience in production of deionized water.
- A working knowledge of power plant chemistry fundamentals and environmental regulations, budgeting and planning procedures, and computer and chemistry control systems is required.
- Must be able to contribute in a highly motivated team environment while providing leadership in power plant and chemistry issues.
- Must have good problem-solving/ analytical skills and be able to troubleshoot complex systems.
- Broad knowledge of analytical, inorganic, oil, environmental and water chemistries; detailed knowledge of chemical treatment methods and operation of water treatment plant is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems, read and understand schematic diagrams and identify plant water process problems.
- Proficiency in various Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative; safety-minded
- Values continuous learning and teamwork
- Must be able to adapt to changing work duties
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Allison@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Allison@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.